BirdGenie™ is a remarkable app that enables anyone with a supported Apple® or Android® smartphone or tablet to identify birds in the backyard, at the local park, or on the nature trail–all with the tap of a button! It’s like Shazam® for nature–just hold up your phone, record the bird singing, and BirdGenie™tells you what bird it is!
Each regional app contains sixty bird species, covering almost all of the birds you are likely to encounter. When you hear a singing bird and make a clear recording with your smartphone or tablet, BirdGenie™identifies the bird, tells you exactly how confident it is that the identification is correct, and provides audio samples of the bird’s various songs to compare with your own recording, as well as color photos, useful information, and links to further reading. You can attach comments to your recordings, track your history with a convenient log, and easily share everything with friends and other users. Even better, no internet connection is needed for BirdGenie™ to work, making BirdGenie™accessible everywhere you go.
The perfect app for anyone who wants to know what bird they’re listening to, and an ideal tool for teaching and learning, BirdGenie™ takes bird identification to a whole new level.
With BirdGenie™ you can:
- Quickly identify most birds by recording their songs
- Look at vivid images of the bird, with select species in 3-D!
- Listen to samples of the bird’s various songs and compare them with your recording
- Keep a log of all your recordings
- Attach comments and share with friends
- Find out useful, interesting details about the bird
- Browse the regional built-in catalog for sixty species to learn even more
- Use the app anywhere–no internet connection required!
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5 and 6, iPad, iPad Mini, and iPod Touch.
- Requires Android 4.0 and above. Compatible with many common Android phones and tablets.
Shazam® is the registered trademark of Shazam Entertainment Limited and is not affiliated with Princeton University Press in any way.
BirdGenie™ is a trademark of Princeton University Press.